BOOKKEEPER/OFFICE MANAGER VACANCY
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
This job vacancy is available in Mandan, ND, with Water Protector Legal Collective. Applicants for this position must be proficient in Excel, Word, and QuickBooks; have excellent written/verbal communication skills; the ability to multitask and work in a timely manner; experience in bookkeeping and records management; and maintain confidentiality at all times. WPLC is seeking applicants with a commitment to Water Protector and indigenous defense and have no ties to law enforcement or the oil industry.
Preference will be given to candidates who have a degree in bookkeeping or closely related field from an accredited institution.
This position will be responsible for the following tasks in collaboration with a contracted accountant, staff and volunteers:
- Manage all bookkeeping operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, Cost Accounting and ensure timely payment of bills on all accounts, including rent, utilities, payroll and program expenses.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements.
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting.
- Support the Executive Director with financial meetings and materials.
- Ensure quality control over finance transaction and financial reporting.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Develop and document non-profit business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
Completion of other tasks as assigned or regularly required, may include: coordination of attorney housing and transportation logistics; implementation of company housing and vehicle maintenance and check-in/check-out system; participation in client support activities and events.
METHOD FOR APPLYING:
Qualified and eligible individuals may submit resume, cover letter and three references to [email protected] Feel free to contact Mr. Janis at 701-425-7080.
Open until filled. Interviews for qualified candidates will begin June 11, 2018
INDIGENOUS AND LOCAL CANDIDATES ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER