Getting a Public Defender

If you need a lawyer but can’t afford to pay, you are entitled to a public defender. To apply for a public defender, use this Public Defender Application Form.

Don’t be intimidated by the form! Read this guide for tips on filling it out.

Once you have filled out and signed your form, you can either scan it and email it to the Morton County Clerk at, or mail it to:

Clerk of Court
210 2nd Ave NW
Mandan, ND 58554